I am committed to protecting your privacy, and to protecting children.
This website is aimed at a general audience, not children. I do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under 13 years of age. Please do not actively interact with this site (use my submission forms) unless you are at least 13 years old. Parents and guardians, I strongly recommend that you supervise your child’s internet use.
note: To expand the following items, click on the arrows.
I collect two types of Data:
What are cookies?
Cookies are small harmless text files or ID tags a website places on your computer or device when you visit it. They cannot be traced to your personal identity, read your hard-drive, or cause viruses.
You can control or decline cookies.
Learn how at All About Cookies.
What 6 types of cookies does this website employ and what are they used for?
1) Strictly necessary cookies, which allow this website to perform its basic functions, including enabling registered users to authenticate.
2) Functionality cookies, which store user preferences and keep track of their movements on the website, where they left off, their registered login, preferences, and other customization functions such as account name, language, and location.
3) Security cookies, that help identify and prevent potential security risks.
4) Analytics and performance cookies, that collect information on how users interact with the website, pages visited, etc.
5) Third party or embedded content, which may also set cookies and use them to track your online activity. These include social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter (through the use of sharing buttons) or embedded content from services such as Youtube and Vimeo. I have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.
2. Personally-Identifiable Information (PII)
What is PII?
PII is data which could reveal your identity or personally-identifiable information.
What PII do I collect from you on this website?
The only PII I collect is your name, email address, and website URL.
How and when do I collect your PII?
I only collect PII when and if you voluntarily submit it through my contact, comment, and subscription forms. You must be at least 13 years old to use these forms.
How do I use your PII?
I use PII to facilitate your subscriptions to this blog, and to enable me to repond to your comments and inquiries.
What information does WordPress.com collect about you?
Your Personal Data may be retained indefinitely.
Or until you invoke your GDPR right to be forgotten by removing or updating your Personal Data or request to have it done.
How to cancel your subscription and remove related data.
Only you can update or cancel your subscriptions and related data, both for following this blog or for following comments from this blog. To cancel or update your subscriptions click on the appropriate link: WordPress users | Those without a WordPress account.
How to request removal of your comments and related data.
Contact me to have your comments and data updated or removed.
Data you have submitted through my Contact Page.
I delete all inquiries submitted through my contact page once I have responded to them, so there is no need for you to take further action.
To request removal of your data collected by WordPress.com.
If you’d like to have WordPress.com remove data they may have collected about you read their GDPR policy.
I do not share, trade, or sell data.
I may, however, divulge data to LAW ENFORCEMENT at my own discretion or if required to do so by law.
Content embedded from other websites behaves in the same way as if you had visited that site.
PLEASE NOTE that my use of such content does not necessarily imply my endorsement of those sites, their owners, or their content.
Clicking a link to an external website redirects you to that site.
I am not responsible for their content or policies; I advise you to review their cookie and privacy policies.
PLEASE NOTE that my use of such links does not necessarily imply my endorsement of those sites, their owners, or their content.
I may change this policy from time to time, either as I deem necessary or as required by law. Please check regularly for updates.
If you have questions regarding this policy, feel free to contact me.
Images: Cookie & calendar icons by Twemoji, sharing & video icons by Pixeden, and video icon by Google Design Icons – all from Canva.